Follow a busy gals life, ideas, lessons, music.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'M IN LOVE! I'M IN LOVE AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!

Well. . . actually. . .

I hate the whole facebook relationship status drama BUT . . . i'll admit it. My secret status on there should now read Engaged!

YEAH! ME! ENGAGED!!! WOO HOO!!!!

So. Back in the early days of my blog, i wrote about some random missionary and my crazy dreams about him for like 2 weeks straight!!! well, it's him! weird how it all lines up now. I ended up sending him an AWESOME package (including a slinky)and we KINDA wrote the rest of his Toulouse Mission. THEN- he came home. I even went to his homecoming. ALONE! but the night before we had had the DTR---> concluding with we were sooo not interested in each other. (ok i'll admit it. it kinda hurt when he said the "just friends" or that i was just his hyper-chouette amis. don't tell him!) But, that may have changed shortly thereafter. we almost dated for a while, dated dated for a while. . . then i was devastated when he broke up with me in March!!!!! how rude. there was something in the break up convo about "sampling more cheesecake." ok. i get that you want to date more girls but still. cheesecake?!?!?!?! ohhhh i hold that over his head soooo much. april fools traditional joke? cheesecake sampler :D go team! Well, we got back together. He "waited for me" while i was in ghana. how cute. then. then. (i tear up at this part.) next thing i knew we were enjoying dinner (from cheesecake factory) and listening to Bruno Mars' "marry you" when he got down on one knee, in front of the Draper Temple, in the freezing cold,

with this rock!!!!!!!!!!!




DO YOU SEE THIS THING!?!?!?


SO of course i said yes :)

and now i have a fiance!

and we live happily ever after. (yeah i know this is being really idealistic but i'm stickin to it)

the end.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH... MY... HOLY! HOLLI! This is madness, I tell you madness. But madness that I'm completely thrilled for. Congratulations hun! Don't hold the cheesecake over his head for too long. ;) That ring is too nice for that!
Love love!

Diane said...

Holli, I just couldn't be happier for you! He is one lucky guy!

Carrie said...

WoW! wOW! WOW!! I am so incredibly excited for you. He seems like a great guy. I better get an invite, we might even be back in the neighborhood by then.

The ring is GORGEOUS, it reminds me of the eiffel tower (in a good way). I love it.

Ben and Melis said...

why hello bling!!! love, love, love. you guys are too cute :) congrats!