Follow a busy gals life, ideas, lessons, music.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

BUG KILLER!

so yesterday, i met the students. so exciting! they are so ready to learn in the JSS school so it is exciting to get to teach there. we just observed yesterday and met the faculty.

today on the other hand, i felt like i dove right in! there are the faculty, then student teachers, then us. i was observing a math class for the JSS prep class and. . .well we know me and math. i have my way of doing things. so, after the student teacher (because the real teacher doesn't think it is important to come to school) deemed my answers correct, i got to stand up and teach. and teach. and teach. for quite a long time! but i think they understand percentages now! woo woo! he told me i will be teaching science for him tomorrow and math again on monday. i guess my foot is in the door.

i love it here. it is hot. the children make it all worth it. especially those really bright ones who try not to pay attention. it's them i'm after. they have to fight to get into high school, so i want to make it possible for them.

so there is this store across the street from the school. i broke down today and finally bought some bug killer. that ate THROUGH my baggies and into my food. yes, they got my cookies from home. i ALMOST started to cry. . . but. i guess that's more of the african diet for me. ugh. but they were my favorite (oatmeal choc chip). *sigh* i'm over it. they have bofut here. . DELICIOUS. take a donut hole but add the taste of a scone. yummy.

till next time

holli

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I'll make you cookies when you get back, a billion of them!