Follow a busy gals life, ideas, lessons, music.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

All the important things. . .

So after I blogged last Tuesday, EVERYTHING changed. and i thought i was finally finding my place. oh there is no getting comfortable.

So, the head of department decided he was done teaching science to the JSS 2/3 class so he gave me the book, the schedule, and a good luck. They thought I couldn't handle the deaf class of 30. oh how they were wrong.

So I finished teaching them about water, and now we have moved on to the Circulatory System. They like that I'm an Obruni and can show them my arteries and veins in my arm. Oooooh exciting. (and all the primary school kids love that my skin is always a little pink, so they can pinch me and watch me turn colors.) So I teach an awesome class MWF, and still am helping a little with math for the Prep class. Fun stuff. That is what is happening at the school. I am giving a test friday, we will see how they are really doing. I am nice though. Give them little fun quizzes that i will use to make their test. they dang better pass. then understand why i make them review at the beginning of class every time. ehhh. and i'm still trying to get them away from just asking, "Right" or "Wrong." I don't care! I want to understand your thought process! grrrr.

For our last weekend trip, we travelled to Accra. Oh My People. So so busy. I bought so cute material, then we headed over to the art center to be harassed by all the salespeople. well, nik and i found ourselves being whisked away back into some little shop. yesss. these guys make drums :) so we had drum lessons. all the guys were impressed by my skill. so i broke down and ordered one from the bob marleys of ghana. it better be good. then we wandered around and found some cool art and little things. too crazy for me to enjoy that kind of shopping. yikes.

So i guess that is all. not too much happening. just keep waking up to the rooster and crashing when it's dark. going to school everyday and trying to help someone understand something new! i guess that's all i can do for now.

No comments: